How to Create A Wallet
Before you start using the GamesPad platform, you need to have an e-wallet. If this is your first time investing in cryptocurrencies, here is a quick guide on how to set up the wallet.
GamesPad allows you to use any wallet that supports the WalletConnect protocol.
We will be using MetaMask for convenience and simplicity.
N.B.: use ONLY the official site and Google Play/App Store app to install MetaMask.
- Go to Metamask.io and click on Download Now.
- MetaMask will automatically identify your browser and offer an extension for it. If you are using Google Chrome, just click on Install MetaMask for Chrome.
- The link will lead you to the Chrome Web Store, where you should click on Add to Chrome to use MetaMask.
- In a pop-up, click on Add extension.
- Once Google Chrome installs MetaMask, you will see a pop-up that will assist you with setting up your new wallet.
- Click on Get Started and Create a Wallet on the next screen:
- Opt-in or out if you accept/don’t accept collecting your data to continue.
- Next step is to secure your wallet in case you forget your password. There is only one way to restore access to your wallet in the cryptocurrency world, and it’s using a recovery phrase. Click on Next when you’re ready to record your recovery phrase.
N.B: GamesPad will NEVER ask you for your recovery phrase!
10. You must click on the blurred area to reveal your secret words on the next window.
The recovery phrase consists of 12 words which are given in a specific order. Write down it in a secure place and click on Next:
11. MetaMask will ask you to confirm your recovery phrase as shown on the image. Click on all the words one by one in the correct order to create a full recovery phrase. Then click on Confirm.
12. Congratulations! You just created a new wallet.